Medicare Advantage Plans are available through MyAARPMedicare, which is quite popular. Part C (Medicare Advantage) plans combine Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) with additional benefits outside of those available to only Medicare. Other benefits may include dental, vision, hearing, and fitness coverage in addition to Part D prescription drug coverage. Frequently, there is no additional charge for these services.
There are defined geographic areas within which the MyAARPMedicare Advantage plans operate. Plans have different coverage and costs, and you must live within the service area of the plan to be a member.
MyAARPMedicare Advantage Plans
UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans give you the most for your Medicare dollars. With UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans, you will enjoy the features and benefits that can help you live a healthier lifestyle. Medicare Advantage Plans offer the following benefits:
- There are no copays for primary care, virtual or in-person, lab tests, or prescription drugs.
- Original Medicare does not cover preventive dental care, eye care, or hearing exams. There is no copay for these services.
- A unique collection of health and wellness resources you can use to stay healthy and vibrant.
- Fitness locations nationwide and free gym membership.
- With telemedicine Virtual Visits, you can connect with a provider from anywhere. Take care of non-emergency medical concerns from the comfort of your home (or on the go) using your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Coordination of care is the most common Medicare Advantage plan. A coordinated care plan has a network of providers. In general, you will pay less out-of-pocket if you use the network provider network.
Although Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans have their own specific costs, the types of costs they cover are similar. The costs for your services are usually shared through a combination of deductibles, co-insurance, and co-pays in Medicare Advantage plans. The plan usually covers all services using a cost-sharing model.